Become a Part of a Surgical Team
Surgical Technologists play a vital role in the operating room.. Characteristics of a surgical technologist include having a stable temperament, manual dexterity, stamina, and the ability to integrate and prioritize a variety of activities.
What do Surgical Technologists do?
- Prepare operating rooms
- Maintain surgical instruments and equipment
- Ensure a proper sterile field
- Prepare patients for surgery
- Assist surgeons with procedures
- Monitor and assess room conditions
- Work in various surgical settings
- Reset operating rooms
CAHE’s Surgical Technology Program prepares individuals through didactic instruction and hands-on clinical experience to possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique. Throughout the program, Center for Allied Health Education prepares students to work closely with surgeons, anesthesiologists, registered nurses and other surgical personnel.
This program prepares students to sit for the Certified Surgical Technology examination, which is required to begin work in this field within the state(s) where students are currently located. Click here for licensure requirements for all other states.
Students who have successfully completed the entire course of study and met all financial obligations of the surgical technology program will be eligible for graduation.
Students must meet all of the following requirements in order to graduate from the Program:
- Have met all academic requirements
- Have met all clinical requirements and attained all required competencies
- Have met all financial requirements
- Have returned all library books
- Have returned their swipe card, ID card, etc.
A C average – an index (GPA) of 2.0 – is required for graduation.